As we approach spring, the excitement mounts. Longer days, warmer weather, and an abundance of amazing produce that is nothing short of inspiring. Farmers’ markets are exploding with all kinds of produce, and it’s impossible not to gather up as much as one can carry and cart it all home. But then what?
Put all of these beautiful fruits and vegetables to work! Here are some suggestions for ways to use all of the gorgeous produce of the spring season.
They are perfect just steamed but also trim them and add them to a risotto for a wonderful spring dinner.
Look for baby artichokes and use them in recipes like:
Use this spicy lettuce in:
- Chicken with White Wine, Leek, Spinach and Arugula Pan Sauce
- Salmon, Arugula, and Avocado Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Red Quinoa Salad with Arugula, Artichoke Hearts, and Olives
Roasting asparagus (and all kind of other vegetables) brings out the natural sweetness.
- Asparagus with Herb Dipping Sauce
- Roasted Asparagus with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- Roasted Asparagus with Creamy Mustard-Oregano Sauce
- Sesame Asparagus and Shiitake Mushrooms
Try these in spring vegetable pastas, and read up on how to peel or shell them.
- Thin Spaghetti with Fennel, Bacon and Parmesan
- Lamb Stew with White Wine, Orange and Fennel
- Fennel and Endive Salad
These are really nice simply sauteed.
Whatever you find in the farmers’ market, toss them into a skillet, and saute them up.
Try them in:
Morels and other mushrooms
- Chicken with Mushrooms in Cream Sauce
- Mushroom Spelt Soup
- Green Beans and Mushrooms with Shallots
- 5-Ingredient Pasta #5: Chicken and Mushroom Marsala Rotelle
Spring Onions or Scallions
- 5-Ingredient Pasta #3: Pasta with Creamy Sundried Tomato and Scallion Sauce
- Salmon Salad with Jalapeno Scallion Dressing
- Lemon and Scallion Chicken Stir Fry
- Fresh Linguine with Shrimp and Peas in a Pink Cream Sauce
- Pasta with Ramps, Edamame, and Sugar Snap Peas in a Light Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Herb-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Smashed Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Classic Potato Salad with Celery and Fresh Thyme
- Egg and Potato Salad with Bacon
- Creamy Corn and Potato Salad with Bacon and Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
- Spinach and Radish Salad with Feta
- Radishes with Herb Butter or Ghee
- Spinach, Radish, and Kohlrabi Salad with Preserved Lemons
- Vegetable and Brown Rice Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing
- Pasta with Ramps,
- Edamame, and Sugar Snap Peas in a Light Parmesan Cream Sauce,
- Pasta Salad with Chicken, Green Olives, and Ramp Vinaigrette
- Green Olive and Ramp Tapenade
- Puff Pastry Breakfast Tarts with Spinach, Egg and Cheese
- Escarole and Spinach Soup
- Sautéed Chicken with Spinach and Red Onions
- Creamy Goat Cheese and Spinach Linguine(below)
- Chicken and Spinach Stir-Fry with Ginger and Oyster Sauce
Peel and sliver them and add them to a Chopped Salad.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This