Of all the quick breads in the world, I don’t know that there is one more universally pleasing than banana bread. The smell of a loaf of banana bread baking engenders the happiest soul-soothing feelings.
And many banana bread and muffin recipes are similar. Hell, many are the same. But that’s quite all right.
Because you may tweak the proportions a bit, but with some eggs, sugar, flour, and fat in the form of butter or ghee or oil, or dairy (or more than one of the above), and a group of over-ripe bananas, you are going to end up with something well worth the small amount of effort involved, and that will endear you to friends and family, all around.
If I can think of something more guaranteed to be worth your while than a muffin or a quick bread, I will let you know.
Mini Loaf Pans
So when I found the world’s most adorable mini loaf pan at the flea market I go to almost every Sunday during the summer, 8 2 x 4-inch loaves all nestled into one single baking tray, I did not even think to negotiate the $2 price tag. I grabbed, and I ran. So now I get to make 8 recipients happy for the price of one recipe.
There are also quite a nice array of little paper mini-loaf (and muffin/cupcake) pans available. If you don’t have one of these pans, you can still make the little guys easily, using these disposable mini loaf pans. I like this brand a lot. Do give them a spray with nonstick spray or if you’re feeling industrious a light swipe of softened butter.
You’ll be filling the little loaf tins quite full, and then you will get that pretty browned crown.
Each mini is about the size of two muffins, so you can share with a friend, or you can decide that you deserve two muffins in the form of a mini banana bread loaf. Serve them up with butter or jam or any preserves that you like .
The Cutest Mini Banana Bread Loaves: Cute as a button and perfect for sharing, great for stashing in the freezer. Also a great holiday gift.Tweet This
If you can have at least one still warm from the oven, plan to make that happen.
Everyone Loves Quick Breads
Wondering who to give these to? Here’s a list of possible recipients. Or bring them to a work, a PTA meeting, your kids’ soccer game, or your book club.
Some people may see browning bananas. I see a mini banana bread loaves about to be born. (Geez, what a dork.)
Other Banana Bread and Cake Recipes:
- Banana Bread with Chocolate and Crystallized Ginger
- Banana Bread Pudding
- Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Banana Cake
Mini Banana Bread Loaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse salt
- 3 super ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F, and lightly and oil 8 (2×4-inch) mini loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Place the bananas in another large bowl and mash them well with a whisk or a potato masher or a fork. Add the brown and granulated sugars and the melted butter and beat with an electric mixer or a whisk until well blended (there will be little bits of banana that don’t get perfectly smooth). Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then beat in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, switch to a spoon, and stir just until the flour is incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the tins (they will be fairly full), and bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the middle of the mini loaves comes out clean, about 25 to 28 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes in the tins on a wire rack, then turn the little loaves out onto the rack to finish cooling. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved