There is just nothing like a chopped salad, a salad with a whole lot of ingredients, cut small, so you can get a terrific assort of components all on one forkful. This one features chicken, so it’s a real main dish salad. Super satisfying.
I like to use baby cucumbers, but you can use regular or English cucumbers and sliced them in half lengthwise and then slice them into half moons.
And if you want to add that one more thing, a handful of crispy cooked crumbled bacon makes it even better. Just saying. And have you ever baked your bacon? Game changer!
A perfect chopped salad, with a terrific assortment of ingredients; every forkful is a good one.Tweet This
Substitutions for Chopped Salad
You can change up the vegetables as you like, just try and get a vibrant mix of colors in there. Play with different colored bell peppers, use a medley of cherry or grape tomatoes, any onion will do if you don’t have red. You can also use different types of olives. And if you want to skip the chicken and the bacon and keep the salad vegetarian by all mean do that.
Blue Cheese Dressing
If you want to make your own blue cheese dressing it’s surprisingly easy. Just add a few tablespoons of milk or cream to this blue cheese dip for a quick and easy homemade dressing.
If you decide to purchase it, I recommend making a beeline for the dressing in the refrigerated produce section of the market. They taste fresher and usually have more generous chunks of actual blue cheese blended in. Make sure to store it in the fridge when you’re done with this salad.
Other Salad Recipes:
- Southwestern Chicken Taco Salad Bowl
- Chopped Salad with Chicken, Tomatoes and Lemon Thyme Dressing
- Fully Loaded Spinach Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- Late Summer Cobb Salad
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Chopped Salad with Chicken and Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 large heart of romaine , thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumbers , preferably baby or Persian
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- ½ red onion , thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- ½ cup halved Greek black olives , such as kalamata
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup Blue Cheese Dressing , homemade or store-bought (add a few tablespoons of milk or cream to this Blue Cheese Dip for a quick and easy homemade dressing!)
- Crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- Pile the romaine and spinach in a large shallow serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, olives, chicken, and toss.
- Dollop on the blue cheese dressing and toss again. Top with the bacon if desired.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved