Blue Cheese Dip
on Apr 04, 2018, Updated Jan 31, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The classic dip (with some scallions) , and it's a classic for a reason.
It made me a little sad not to have a solid blue cheese dip in my arsenal. I absolutely adore blue cheese dips and dressings, for crudité, for turkey burgers, and for chicken wings with those stalks of celery to balance out the spiciness. And while none of my boys — large or small — might reach for a chunk of blue cheese on its own, a good blue cheese dip is something we can all agree on.
This Blue Cheese Dip is a classic for a reason. Perfect for crudité, chips, wings, and more. Plus, easily transform this dip into a dressing!Tweet This
How to Make Blue Cheese Dip into Dressing
And the best part — this dip can be transformed into a blue cheese dressing with the addition of another few tablespoons of milk, half-and-half, or cream. Just keep adding it in small increments until it reaches the consistency you like.
You could also add a splash of red or white wine vinegar if you like your blue cheese dressing to have a bit more tang, which I do love.
In fact, this is what I do when I am in a Blue Cheese Place in a restaurant: I feel a little ridiculous ordering a salad with full-on blue cheese dressing, so I order oil, vinegar, and blue cheese dressing on the side. I drizzle copious amounts of vinegar and a bit of oil over the salad, then kind of dab on the blue cheese dressing, so I get a little in every bite, but not so much that I feel like I ate a bowl of dip on a salad. See how I outsmart the salad dressing?
“Smarter than salad dressing.” Yup, that’s what they say about me.
This blue cheese dip is creamy and has a bit of a kick from the scallions, tang from the lemon juice, and depth from the Worcestershire sauce. Not to mention the savory saltiness of the blue cheese.
More Spread and Dip Recipes
- Hot Corn Queso Dip
- Parmesan Feta Spinach Dip
- Sesame Oil Hummus Without Tahini
- Warm Jalapeño Popper Dip
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Blue Cheese Dip
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk (or half-and-half, or heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, 1 tablespoon milk, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, scallions, salt, and pepper.
- If the dip is still thicker than you’d like, add the extra tablespoon of milk (or whatever dairy product you chose).