Easy Asian Salmon Recipe
I admit to having quite a number of similar salmon recipes in my repertoire. The simple reason is that combining a few Asian ingredients with everyone’s favorite fish is a surefire way to not only get a quick and easy dinner on the table that everyone will love, but a surefire way to get a quick and easy FISH dinner on the table that everyone will love. And as any parent knows, that is a compelling thought.
5-Ingredient Honey Ginger Salmon: A handful of ingredients and under 30 minutes of time gets you to a delicious dinner that the whole family can get behind.Tweet This
A Touch of Honey on Salmon
Adding a bit of sweetness to a marinade works wonders in terms of increasing the kid-likability factor, especially when it comes to fish. Here natural honey does just that, and the balance of salty and sweet is a great complement to the rich buttery salmon. Getting more fish on the table is always high on the list of parent dinnertime-goals. This salmon dish, kissed with honey and ginger, was met with an empathic wave of enthusiasm in my house, the first time I made it, and every time since.
Salmon Skin On On or Off
You can use salmon filets with or without the skin. If they have skin, you have two choices. You can cook them skin side down, and once the salmon is cooked, if you have a thin metal spatula, you can slide it under the fish, separating it from the skin, and leave the skin behind in the pan. That’s kind of nice if you want to avoid the soft salmon skin left behind.
Or cook the salmon skin side up and the skin should crisp up nicely, thanks to the honey in the glaze in particular.
Marinating Times for Salmon
The two marinating options are for when you are in a rush, and just have time for the fish to get a quick soak at room temp before cooking, and for those lovely moments where you are a bit more organized and can afford the two hours of marinating time, there is the longer fridge option, which will deepen the flavor of the fish. Preheat the oven when you are ready to cook.
This salmon would be great served over rice (brown, white, Jasmine, Texmati), or quinoa, bulgur wheat, or another grain. This is a good moment to let your kid pick out the grain of their choice, help prepare it, and venture into the wide world of whole grains.
What to Serve with Honey Ginger Salmon:
Also See: 6 Super Simple Weeknight Salmon Recipes!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
5-Ingredient Honey Ginger Salmon
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 6-ounce filets salmon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan blend together the honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger and bring to a simmer, stirring until the honey is melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Place the salmon in a glass square baking pan and pour over the marinade. Turn the pieces to coat the fish completely. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, or in the fridge, covered, for 1 to 2 hours.
- Transfer the salmon to the rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes, or until it is done to your liking. If you want a more glazed top, just before the fish is fully cooked, switch the oven to broil and broil for 1 to 2 minutes.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved