People who know melon and feta salads are usually fans. I’m squarely in that camp. People who aren’t familiar with this combo may think it sounds weird at first, but to try this is to be a convert (in most cases — it took my kids a moment for sure).
The sweet melon shines against the briny tangy salty feta and the sharp spicy onion. I also added small diced cool crunchy cucumber for even more crispness and variety. Go lightly with the salt because of the feta, but I suggest being liberal with the grinds of fresh pepper.
Melon in Salads
The most common melon feta combo is usually watermelon and feta. It’s delicious. But here I went for honeydew. I have also made this with other melons, most notably Galia melon, which was lovely. There are so many melons to try: cantaloupe, Galia, Casaba, Canary, Honey Kiss, Honey Bliss…try them all.
Melon-Cucumber Salad with Feta: This amazingly flavorful yet refreshing summer salad is perfect for brunch, picnics, buffets, you name it.Tweet This
I ate half of this bowl in a sitting for dinner and didn’t feel badly about it in the slightest. I’m sure I did something else not-so-great to balance out this virtuous meal, but before that happened, there was this salad.
Make Ahead and Storage
This salad will keep for up to a day, covered and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving. If possible, top with the last parts of the mint and feta just before serving for the perkiest presentation.
What to Serve with Melon-Cucumber Salad with Feta:
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Citrus Marinated Salmon with Zesty Sauce
- Lemon-Garlic Semi-Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Grilled Salmon
Other Salad with Fruit Recipes:
- Roasted Chickpea, Apple and Feta Salad
- Green Bean Salad with Clementine Oranges and Feta
- Mixed Greens Salad with Pears and Balsamic Dressing
- Arugula, Orange and Pomegranate Salad
- Fruit Salad
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Melon-Cucumber Salad with Feta
For the Dressing:
For the Salad:
- 1 honeydew melon , seeded, rind removed and cubed (or other melon of your choice, about 5 cups)
- 2 cups seeded and diced cucumber
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves , divided
- 1½ cups crumbled or diced feta , divided
- Make the dressing: combine the lemon juice, olive oil, honey and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the honeydew, cucumber, onion, 2 tablespoons of the mint and toss. Add 1 cup of the feta and gently toss again.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and sprinkle the rest of the feta and mint over the top. Serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.