Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Some recipes don't really need an introduction.Print
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ pound thick cut bacon, each slice cut in half lengthwise and crosswise
1. Preheat the oven to 400*F.
2. In a medium bowl combine the olive il, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the Brussels sprout and toss to combine.
3. Heat a large cast iron (or other heavy) pan over medium high heat. While the pan is heating, wrap one of the slices of bacon around each Brussels sprout half, overlapping the ends against the flat side.
4. Place the Brussels sprouts, cut/flat down down in the pan in a single layer. The pan should make the bacon sizzle. Let the bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts cook for 2 minutes, then transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Roast for 17 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and mostly crisped, and the Brussels sprouts are fairly tender.
5. Serve hot.