Ok, if you have tried to make a person who does not like Brussels sprouts into a Brussels sprouts eater to no avail, bacon wrapped brussels sprouts may be the final attempt. And honestly, if after this, the answer is still “nah,” than I think you have done your best and should just called it a day, and find a great cauliflower recipe for you all to share.
In the immortal words of Robin Thicke, you know you want it.
I’m sure I have mentioned here or there or everywhere that Brussels sprouts have mixed reviews in my house. The slightly annoying part is that the mixed results keep shifting from one person to the next, without much consistency or rhyme or reason. Actually to be more accurate, my two boys never seem to like them at the same time, but they take turns being the picky one.
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts: Some recipes don’t really need an introduction. This is easy and so crowd please-y.Tweet This
The big consistency is that Gary doesn’t like them. And shares this opinion loudly at the table, so whichever boy was kind of digging the Brussels sprouts, starts to doubt. The one Brussels sprouts recipe every gets behind is this one: Brussels Sprouts, Apple, and Pomegranate Slaw Salad. I think they think it’s something else.
And then here are a bunch more, all of which I stand behind 100%, an the boys stand behind about 50% each, and Gary does not stand behind at all.
Lots O’ Brussels Sprout Recipes
- Sauteed Kale and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Anchovy Vinaigrette
- Shredded Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
- Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chorizo and Toasted Bread Crumbs
- Pickled Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts Three Ways
- Roasted Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts and Leeks with Spicy Drizzle
- Warm Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Mustard Vinaigrette
- White Bean and Roasted Cauliflower Spread with Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Man, I apparently love Brussels sprouts a lot. Who knew?
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the Brussels sprouts and toss to combine.
- Heat a large cast iron (or other heavy) pan over medium high heat. While the pan is heating, wrap one of the slices of bacon around each Brussels sprout half, overlapping the ends against the flat side.
- Place the Brussels sprouts, cut/flat down down in the pan in a single layer. The pan should make the bacon sizzle. Let the bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts cook for 2 minutes, then transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and mostly crisped, and the Brussels sprouts are fairly tender.
- Serve hot.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved