Engaging in a conversation about Brussels sprouts often leads to disagreement. Possibly exasperation. Many strong opinions here, love/hate, roasted vs. sauteed, whole vs. halved vs. sliced, shredded vs. “petals.” I love them all ways — my family has differing opinions.
This recipe pleased three out of four of us, and to paraphrase Meatloaf (the singer, not the food), and simultaneously date myself, three out of four ain’t bad. (Really, with Brussels sprouts, I’m just happy if I get one ally in the voting).
Using Pre-Shredded or Pre-Sliced Brussels Sprouts
Now that pre-sliced or pre-shredded Brussels sprouts are so readily available, this can be pulled together very quickly as part of a weeknight meal. But I would (and will) serve these as part of some of the holidays dinners coming down the pike.
The tossing with some citrus juices gives the dish flavor and lift, and I love the pop of those little mustard seeds. I cook with mustard all of the time, but I forget about mustard seeds for patches of time. Then I get to re-discover them, and become happy all over again. I could absolutely eat this entire recipe over the course of a day. But I have to say “serves 6 to 8” because I need to acknowledge normal people.
This super simple Shredded Sauteed Brussels Sprouts recipe, with pops of flavor from lemon and orange juices, goes with everything.Tweet This
What to Serve with Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
Serve them with Dijon and Honey Crusted Pork Tenderloins, Mediterranean Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops, or Roast Beef with Mustard Garlic Crust and Horseradish Sauce for a great autumn or winter dinner.
Other Simple Brussels Sprouts Recipes:
- Sauteed Kale and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Warm Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Mustard Vinaigrette
- Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chorizo and Toasted Bread Crumbs
- Brussels Sprouts, Apple, and Pomegranate Slaw Salad
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Anchovy Vinaigrette
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts Slaw
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Shredded Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
- Toss the brussels sprouts with the lemon and orange juices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and add the olive oil. Add the mustard seeds and the shallots and saute for 3 minutes until the shallots are tender. Add the shredded brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper, and saute for about 5 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are wilted. Serve hot or warm. Or eat cold out of the container for breakfast the next day. Yah.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved