And yet another reason to love the air fryer: air fried Brussels sprouts. Super crispy on the outside tender but not mushy on the inside, they are similar to roasted Brussels sprouts when roasted Brussels sprouts are at their best.
But the advantages over roasting are speed and not having to preheat the oven. And during holiday dinners, or any time when the oven real estate is in high demand, being able to get a dish cooked without the oven or stove, and in a hands-free way, is a big plus.
Cooking Time for Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the Brussels, and luckily you can open the air fryer, test one of the Brussels, and keep going if you want them cooked further. Remember that they will continue to soften a bit after they come out of the air fryer, so stop the cooking just as you get to the level of tenderness that you like.
How to Cook Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Try to pick Brussels sprouts with a consistent size. If you brussels sprouts are very small, you might leave them whole.
Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts. Place them in a large bowl, add the olive oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Set the air fryer to 375°F. Transfer the sprouts to the air fryer in a single layer (you can crowd them a bit more than you see in the photos, they will still crisp up nicely) and cook, shaking or tossing halfway through, until well-browned and crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, about 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts: Super crispy on the outside tender but not mushy on the inside, they are like roasted Brussels sprouts at their best.Tweet This
As soon as they are cooked you will want to transfer them to a bowl, and while hot sprinkle over the Parmesan and toss. The heat from the vegetables will allow the cheese to melt a bit and coat the Brussels sprouts nicely.
The zest of a lemon is another optional add-in that adds a nice spark to the dish. You may want to season with additional salt and pepper at the end as well.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts:
- Greek-Style Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Feta Sauce
- Filet Mignon with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Lemon-Herb Mayo
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Spicy, Sweet and Nutty Tofu
Other Brussels Sprouts Recipes:
- Warm Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Mustard Vinaigrette
- Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Kimchi Dressing
- Cheesy Baked Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts Slaw
Also see How to Cook Brussels Sprouts!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts. Place them in a large bowl, add the olive oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Set the air fryer to 375°F. Transfer the sprouts to the air fryer in a single layer (you can crowd them a bit more than you see in the photos, they will still crisp up nicely) and cook, shaking or tossing halfway through, until well-browned and crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the Parmesan and lemon zest, if using.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved