I forget about fruit salsas, which is kind of funny considering a) how much I like them and b) how many recipes I’ve written for them over the years. But the nice thing about forgetting about a food you love is that you get to rediscover it over and over again.
If this sounds to you like someone justifying a premature senior moment, you are correct.
Yes, serve this with chips (pita chips, tortilla chips, whatever chips you like), but also serve it on top of or alongside grilled chicken, pork, steak or fish (or chicken, pork, steak or fish cooked any which way). Because of the pears and pomegranates this feels like a fall salsa…and I’m definitely picturing it served along a pork loin for a nice autumnal feast.
This inspired fruit salsa is great with pita chips or paired up with your favorite cooked meats. Bright and citrusy and sweet and herby.Tweet This
If you don’t feel like buying pomegranate seeds, the salsa will still be delicious without them. And if a Meyer lemon isn’t available, use 1 tablespoon each of fresh orange juice and fresh lemon juice – you will get a similar sweet and sour flavor.
Hatch chili peppers have a kind of cult following. Named after the original growing area in Hatch, New Mexico, authentic Hatch Chiles are beloved by chefs and chili pepper fanatics. They have a meaty flesh and mild-medium heat – you are all good using a jalapeno instead, however.
Other Fruit Salsa Recipes to Try:
- Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- Corn, Cucumber and Cantaloupe Salsa
- Peach and Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
- Herbed Roasted and Raw Tomato Salsa with Olives
- Citrusy Mango Ginger Salsa
- Pineapple Mint Jalapeno Salsa
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Spicy Pear and Cilantro Salsa
- 2 ripe but firm pears diced
- ½ red onion finely minced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded Hatch or other hot pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 Meyer lemon or 1 tablespoon each fresh orange and lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl gently combine the pears, onions, pomegranate seeds, hot peppers, cilantro, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Serve with chips.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved