As I write this, I am practically in tears from the oppressive heat that has wrapped itself around our area of the world like an unwelcome, itchy wool blanket in the middle of July. I get this whole four seasons thing. I approve of the whole four seasons thing. I chose to live in an area of the world that has all four seasons. But something has gone wrong.
Al Gore, is it too late? Mother Nature, whatever the hell we did to piss you off so much, I’m sorry. Can I make you some fruit salsa to make it up to you?
The only thing that is happening in my kitchen today is something that involves no heat at all, other than the heat from raw ginger and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
What to Serve with Mango Salsa:
Mango salsas sometimes appear as fresh counterpoints to Caribbean dishes, but this Citrusy Mango Ginger Salsa is such a juicy and sweet and flavorful condiment it can dress up the simplest piece of grilled or pan-seared (but not today) pork or fish or chicken. It was amazing on this Horseradish Ginger Salmon.
This Citrusy Mango Ginger Salsa is a sweet and flavorful condiment that can dress up the simplest piece of pork, fish, or chicken.Tweet This
This Citrusy Mango Ginger Salsa recipe involves no heat at all, other than the heat from raw ginger and a pinch of red pepper flakes.Tweet This
Now I have to go and resume my self-indulgent imaginary weeping.
Other Easy Salsa Recipes:
- Peach and Roasted Pepper Salsa
- Herb Roasted and Raw Tomato Salsa with Olives
- Pineapple Mint Jalapeño Salsa
- Corn, Cucumber and Cantaloupe Salsa
And if you want to keep the gingery theme going with a drink to pair up with this salsa, here are some lovely choices.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Citrusy Mango Ginger Salsa
- 2 cups finely diced or chopped ripe but firm mango
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ grated fresh orange zest
- 3 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- In a medium bowl add the mango, orange juice, lemon or lime juice, orange zest, red onion, ginger, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir gently until well combined
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved