Now that I’ve made a big batch of the Ramp Chimichurri Sauce, I can’t stop thinking about ways to use it. It’s a little obsessive to tell the truth, and I’m not sure how much longer my family will humor me, but for now they are indulging this little springtime addition.
There’s a long list of other possibilities for using the sauce here. And the list is gowing.
This is awfully pretty. It would be nice on a picnic, a buffet, or for a potluck. You can use any cooked salmon you like, from grilled to roasted to pan seared to poached.
To quickly poach salmon for this recipe, place 1 pound of salmon in a pot, add cold water to cover plus 1 teaspoon of salt, cover the pot, and bring to boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, turn off the heat and leave it in the covered pot for 10 minutes. Remove from the liquid and cool completely. Use your fingers to flake it into small chunks.
Other Ramp Dishes To Play Around With:
- Ramp Chimichurri Sauce
- Pasta Salad with Chicken, Picholine Olives, and Ramp Vinaigrette
- Green Olive and Ramp Tapenade
- Simple Ramp Pasta
- Spring Ramp and Pea Risotto
- Pasta with Ramps, Edamame, and Sugar Snap Peas in a Light Parmesan Cream Sauce
Other Salmon Dishes to Play Around With:
- Salmon, Arugula, and Avocado Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Salmon and Vegetable Biscuit Pot Pie Casserole
- Pasta Salad with Salmon and Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- Poached Salmon Spread
- Salmon with Polenta and Warm Tomato Vinaigrette
- Thai Salmon
- Honey-Hoisin Salmon
- Salmon and White Bean Bruschetta
- Salmon with Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Herbed Salmon over a Soft Green Herby Salad
Pasta and Salmon Salad with Ramp Dressing
- 1 pound cavatelli or macaroni pasta cooked drained and cooled
- 4 cups cooked salmon chunks see recipe intro
- ¾ cup Ramp Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- If the pasta is sticking together at all, rinse it under cool water until it separates, then give it a shake to remove any excess water.
- Toss the pasta in a large bowl with the chimichurri sauce and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Taste and season as needed. You can also add another tablespoon or two of olive oil if it needs additional moistening. Serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved