The world can always be improved by a simple orzo and vegetable salad. This one takes its cues from the ingredients featured in a classic Greek Salad, and goes with almost anything you can think of.
Ok, I wouldn’t serve it with another pasta dish (orzo is a small rice shaped pasta), but it would be happily at home alongside a hot dog and hamburger bbq, some grilled ribs, a leg of lamb, roasted chicken, a broiled piece of salmon, some sautéed shrimp.
Substitutions for Greek Orzo Salad
Dill, lemon, tomatoes, cucumbers, plus some scallions and bell peppers. You can skip anything you don’t have, and you can sub in anything that feels right to you. Use ¾ cup or so chopped onions instead of scallions, try zucchini in place of cucumber, celery instead of the peppers. If you don’t have lemon add another 2 tablespoons vinegar. Use whatever olives you have on hand, or skip them. It might get less Greek, but it won’t be less delicious.
This is a vegan salad, but you are welcome to add some crumbled feta (about 1 cup), which will make it vegetarian, though no longer vegan. Double or even triple this recipe at will.
Below the Greek Orzo salad is buddying up to Greek Style Lamb with Feta Sauce and Roasted Asparagus with Chimichurri Sauce), plus a chunk of Garlic Bread with Chimichurri Sauce (what? I like chimichurri sauce….)
This pasta salad takes its cues from the ingredients featured in a classic Greek Salad, and goes with almost anything you can think of.Tweet This
What to Serve with Greek Orzo Salad:
- Greek Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Beef Teriyaki Kebabs with Peppers and Zucchini
- Roasted Cajun Cod
Other Orzo Recipes:
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Greek Orzo Salad
- 12 ounces dried orzo
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bell peppers , finely diced
- 6 scallions , thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 4 plum tomatoes , seeded and finely diced
- 3 mini or Persian cucumbers , seeded and finely diced (or use 1 large seedless cucumber)
- 1 cup black olives , halved
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking. Let it sit in the colander while you make the dressing.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, dill, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Add the cooled orzo, bell peppers, scallions, plum tomatoes, and cucumbers and toss.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved