I adore avocados, but sometimes they can feel like the Murphy’s Law of vegetables. They never seem to be ripe when you want them to be, and when you’re not prepared to use them, there they are, all soft and beckoning.
Have you seen this poster/t-shirt?
EAT ME NOW.
Avocado Sour Cream Dip
This eat-me-now moment is when you offer to bring an appetizer and you make this dip. Avocados and sour cream – does it get creamier than that? It’s tangy and just the right amount of rich, thanks to a blend of sour cream and Greek yogurt (and you could use all of one and not the other, depending on which direction you feel like tilting).
Ripe avocados waiting to be put to good use? Make this lush 10-minute dip.Tweet This
I feel like a broken record every time I say, “you can leave the cilantro out for cilantro haters,” but it does bear repeating if cilantro is a deal breaker in your house. I love it but when my husband encounters it he says things like, “I’ll just power through it.” Taking one for the team.
What to Serve with Avocado Dip
This would be amazing on tacos, especially fish tacos. Also to dopp over enchiladas or in burritos. If you wanted to be clever/classy you can put it into a plastic bag, snip off a tiny corner and sqeeze and squizzle is over the things to it looks all restaurant-ey and what not. Or if you happen to have one of those squeezy condiment bottles, this is a perfect candidate for that.
Other Avocado Recipes:
- Mexican Pizza with Avocado Crema
- Salmon, Arugula, and Avocado Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Avocado And Cannellini Bean Crostini With Gremolata
- Chili Rubbed Flank Steak with Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Sesame-Honey Quinoa and Carrot Salad with Sliced Avocado
- Beecher’s Flagship Cheddar with Avocado, Lime, and Shell Pasta
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Creamy Avocado Dip
- Place the avocados, sour cream, yogurt, shallots, cilantro, lemon juice, honey, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper in a food processor and process to blend. Scrape down the sides, and blend until smooth.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved