This buffalo chicken dip is the kind of dip that brings a conversation to a screeching halt. It’s just so freaking good, and the kind of dip that makes parties (remember parties? They’ll be back.) Come alive. I have only had this dip once or twice, but I really, really wanted it again, and thought, darn if I won’t put that Instant Pot to work.
We might not be entertaining much right now. But gee whiz (what the hell is wrong with me? With the darn its and the gee whizzes? I blame it on the dip) we could use come comfort food. Frankly at this moment I would happily consider serving this lush creamy piquant dip with a bunch of dippers and call it dinner. Seriously, why not?
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
3 cups of shredded chicken, some cheeses, a generous glug of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and you have yourself something eye-rollingly good. Not expensive at all, and as long as you contemplate doing a few extra push-ups the next day, highly justifiable as dinner. Or cut the recipe in half, so over-indulgence doesn’t get the better of you.
Use any shredded chicken you have as long as it doesn’t have any strong seasonings that would compete with the flavors of the dip.
Substitutions for Buffalo Chicken Dip
Now, what to do it you don’t have everything on hand? First, use finely chopped onions instead of scallions, no problem. Skip the sour cream if it’s not around – the dip will just be a little bit thicker. The blue cheese is optional, first because you might not have it, second because you might not like it.
Don’t have sharp white cheddar? That’s a-ok, use whatever cheddar you have. Use Havarti or Montery Jack or maybe even Gouda. Use a cheese that gets nice and melty.
Don’t have Frank’s Red Hot Sauce? While that is the classic hot sauce that puts the “buffalo” in buffalo, you can still get to a nicely spicy and satisfying dip with a different type of hot sauce. But start with significantly less, maybe even two tablespoons if the sauce is very hot. Frank’s is not so spicy, which is why so much of it is called for. Start with less if you are subbing in something else, and you can always stir in more at the end.
Some shredded chicken, a couple of cheeses, a generous glug of Red Hot Sauce, and you have yourself a crowd-pleaser, an eye-rollingly good hot dip.Tweet This
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip in an Instant Pot
Ok, so here we go. Place the chicken into the Instant Pot.
Add the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and sour cream.
Big old block of cream cheese.
Then half the scallions.
Close the lid and set the vent knob to sealed. Set the instant Pot on High Pressure, for 15 minutes. Once the cooking time has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then open the valve to release any remaining pressure. Stir it all up.
Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle over the rest of scallions and blue cheese, if using.
Other Dip Recipes:
- Hot Crab and Corn Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Hot, Creamy Spinach and Goat Cheese Dip
- Cheese Beer Dip with Hot Pretzels
Other Easy Appetizer Recipes for Super Bowl:
- Baked Brie En Croute with Raspberry Jam
- Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraiche Puff Pastry Tartlets
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp with Smoked Paprika
- Caramelized Onion and Spinach Crostini
- How to Make Roasted Chickpeas
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (you can use a rotisserie chicken for this)
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese , softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese , preferably sharp and white
- ¼ cup chopped scallions , white and green parts, divided
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks or baby carrots
- Place the chicken, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and half the scallions in the instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the vent knob to sealed. Set the instant Pot on High Pressure, for 15 minutes. Once the cooking time has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Stir to combine everything thoroughly. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle over the rest of scallions and blue cheese, if using.
- Serve the hot dip with the tortilla chips, celery sticks, and carrot sticks.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved