Chili Cheese Quesadillas
These quesadillas needs a little warning: they are messy. Even if your chili is nice and thick, it’s still chili and chili is pretty much a loose combo of met and beans and vegetables (or just meat and vegetables, or just beans and vegetables, or just meat and beans, or ….you get it).
Beefy Chili Cheese Quesadillas: If you have leftover chili then you are but minutes away from making some of the best chili quesadillas ever.Tweet This
So all that you need to do is not make these for someone on a first date, unless you really want to fast track your compatibility stress test process. If you think you like someone, and they eat chili quesadillas with you on a first or second date, and smile when chili falls out of the quesadilla and onto the table, and hands you a napkin, then they definitely like you, too. Maybe a lot.
Leftover Chili Quesadillas
These are just the thing to make when you have a couple of cups of leftover chili, not enough for more than one bowlful, but you have more than one person to feed. The most awesome part is that I haven’t met a chili that doesn’t work here. Beef chili, chicken chili, turkey chili, vegetarian chili — yes, yes, yes, and yes.
What to Serve with Beefy Chili Cheese Quesadillas
Another nice thing is that the condiments and toppings that go well with these quesadillas are the same ones that you may have on hand from your chili dinner. Salsa, Pico de Gallo, sour cream, and the shredded cheese that I hope you stocked up on for the chili will now be the base of the quesadilla. Avocado or guacamole, check.
Some Chili Recipes for Chili Quesadillas!
- Game Day Ground Beef Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Beef, Black Bean and Jalapeno Chili
- Buffalo Chicken and White Bean Chili
- Barbacoa Beef Chili
Other Quesadilla Recipes:
- Steak and Cheese Quesadillas
- Easiest Baked Chicken Quesadillas
- Cheesy Mushroom Quesadillas
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Vegetable Quesadillas
- Pulled Pork Quesadillas
- Barbecued Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken, Onion, and Mushroom Quesadillas
- Easy Rotisserie Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Overstuffed Chicken and Vegetable Quesadillas
- Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas
- Vegetable Quesadillas
- Spinach, Mushroom and Chicken Quesadillas
- Breakfast Quesadillas
Also Read: How to Make Quesadillas.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Beefy Chili Cheese Quesadillas
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter divided
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 3 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican blend cheese or a combo of cheddar and Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack
- 2 cups chili of your choice see suggestions above!
- Guacamole, sour cream and salsa to serve, if desired
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add a half teaspoon of butter. Place a tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over half of the quesadilla, and distribute 1/8 of the chili over the cheese. Top that with another 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese. Flip the bare half of the tortilla over the filling, cover the pan, and sauté for about 2 minutes until the bottom is golden and the cheese has started to melt, then use a spatula to flip the half-moon quesadilla, and continue to cook, uncovered, until all of the cheese is melted and the underside is browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the quesadilla to a cutting board and let the quesadilla sit for a minute before you slice into 2 or 3 wedges. Repeat until all of the quesadillas are cooked. Serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved