Garlic and Parmesan. Hard to find two words that seem so happy snuggled up to each other. Pretty much anything gets better when these two ingredients are in the mix. Pretty much any kitchen smells insanely good when something involving these two ingredients is in the oven or on the stove. And pretty much any meal is elevated when a side dish involving garlic and Parmesan is on the plate.
Garlic-Parmesan Sweet Potatoes: Any time Parmesan and garlic meet up, good things are happening.Tweet This
And don’t get me started on sweet potatoes.
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes
So, this is another dumb-easy recipe. One small tip—remember to line the rimmed baking sheet with foil, as it will make you clean up so much easier. Just spray the foil with nonstick spray and spread the sweet potatoes on the foil. Drizzle over the butter, then season with salt and pepper.
Roast for about 20 minutes, then pull them out, and finish them off by sprinkling over the minced garlic and the grated Parmesan.
Back in the oven they go for another 10 to 15 minutes, until they are nicely browned in spots, and the Parmesan has turned golden and crispy, and your house smells like magic.
What to Serve Garlic-Parmesan Sweet Potatoes with:
- Chopped Salad with Chicken, Tomatoes and Lemon Thyme Dressing
- Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Deviled Burgers
- Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks
- Grilled Marinated NY Strip Steak
Other Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Bulgur Wheat, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Gratin
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- Sweet Potato Spoonbread
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
- Mashed Yukon and Sweet Potatoes with Sauteed Leeks
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Garlic-Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment if you like, and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet, drizzle over the butter, then sprinkle over the salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes so that they are nicely coated with the oil, spread them out in a single layer, and then place in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle over the garlic and Parmesan. Toss, spread out the potatoes again so that they are in a single layer and return them to the oven. Roast for another 10 to 15 minutes until they are tender, browned in spots, and the cheese has melted. Serve hot.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved