If you like or maybe even love cilantro you will want this sauce in your fridge at all times — or at least often. If you don’t like cilantro, I can’t imagine how you would have landed on this recipe.
This sauce is amazing spooned over all kinds of vegetables, roasted, grilled, what have you. It’s lovely over a chicken, pork, fish, seafood cooked any which way – sauteed, grilled, poached, etc.
How to Make Creamy Cilantro Sauce:
In a food processor or blender, combine the cilantro leaves, shallots, and Dijon.
Puree the mixture.
Add the mayonnaise and yogurt, if using, jalapeno, cream, salt, pepper, and cayenne and puree.
Is this not the prettiest color?
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Here it is over some roasted carrots.
And here it is over poached salmon.
And it makes a great pasta salad dressing. Here it is used as a dressing in a pasta and salmon salad.
Creamy Cilantro Sauce: Amazing spooned over all kinds of vegetables, chicken, pork, fish, and seafood cooked any which way.Tweet This
What to Serve with Creamy Cilantro Sauce:
Other Sauce Recipes:
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt , sour cream, or another ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream , half and half, or whole milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cilantro leaves, shallots, and Dijon. Puree.Add the mayonnaise and yogurt, if using, jalapeno, cream, salt, pepper, and cayenne and puree. Taste and adjust seasonings.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved