Remoulade is such a classic sauce for asparagus, and the combination of egg and remoulade sauce is even better. Once you give this French-inspired dish a try, you’ll be looking for reasons to make it again. And who really needs a reason, other than spring, to make this elegant but satisfying dish?
Make Ahead Chilled Asparagus Dish
Asparagus is one of those perfect vegetables that shines just as brightly in recipes that are served cold, room temp, or warm. This is meant to be served chilled or at room temperature, so you can think of it for buffets and other occasions where a hot side isn’t in the cards.
This is also a great make-ahead dish with three basic components. The steamed and chilled asparagus can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and held in the fridge. The remoulade sauce can also be made 2 days ahead and stored in the fridge. And finally, the chopped hard-cooked eggs can be hard boiled and refrigerated for up to 5 days before you pull together this dish. You can even chop the eggs a day or two ahead of time, so in the end, there’s nothing to do but assemble them right before you serve it.
You can also compile the whole dish and hold it in the fridge for several hours before serving. A perfect dish for a spring or summer party, and also with a lot of Easter feels!
A beautiful, make-ahead, here’s-to-Spring side dish, Asparagus with Remoulade and Eggs takes this seasonal vegetable to a whole other level.Tweet This
How to Make Asparagus Remoulade
Place the chilled asparagus on a serving platter. Sprinkle the chopped hard-cooked eggs over the asparagus; it looks pretty if you spread them in a thick band across the middle of the asparagus spears so the tips and bottoms are still visible.
Spoon the sauce over the eggs. Season with salt and pepper, and serve chilled.
What to Serve With Asparagus Remoulade
Other Asparagus Recipes
- Grilled Asparagus with Vinaigrette
- Garlicky Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus with Herb Dipping Sauce
- Sesame Asparagus and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Asparagus with Scallion Chimichurri Sauce
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
- 1 ½ pounds chilled steamed asparagus
- ½ cup remoulade sauce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (roughly chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter. Sprinkle the eggs over the asparagus; it looks pretty if you spread them in a thick band across the middle of the asparagus spears, so the tips and bottoms are still visible. Spoon the sauce over the eggs. Season with salt and pepper, and serve chilled.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved