These pumpkin breads might be small, but they have loads of flavor thanks to the cloves and cinnamon. You might also replace ½ teaspoon of either of the spices with ½ teaspoon ground ginger. Each mini loaf will serve 1 or two people, depending on how hungry they are and how much they love pumpkin bread!
How Many Mini Loaves are Equal to One Loaf?
The same amount of batter used to make one regular sized pumpkin bread loaf will make about 4 nice and tall mini loaves.
Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves: Moist and tender, with all of those amazing holiday spices, these are great to serve any time of the day, or to give as little gifts.Tweet This
How Long to Bake Pumpkin Bread Mini Loaves
These should take about 28 to 33 minutes to bake at 350 degrees. Start checking the loaves at 25 minutes in case your oven is running hot. Also, dark metal loaf pans may cause the baking to go a little bit more quickly.
Baking with Canned Pumpkin
Canned pumpkin seems to make an appearance in our baking repertoires during the last few months of the year, and not all that much otherwise. What a shame! Canned pumpkin adds flavor and moistness to all sorts of quick breads, desserts, pies, etc., and it seems a pity not to have pumpkin in our lives throughout the year. See below for more recipes with canned pumpkin! (And don’t we always have extra cans of pumpkin after the holidays? We do.)
Mini Loaf Pans
I put my mini loaf pan to work all of the time. 8 2 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch (or so) loaves all nestled into one single baking pan, what a simple way to make 8 people so happy! I love to make mini banana bread loaves, mini zucchini bread loaves, and now mini pumpkin breads.
I usually end up keeping 2 to 4 little loaves for home, and give away the rest to very appreciative friends and colleagues. This is a great recipe to make during the holidays – serve them up for breakfast, a snack, a tea of coffee break, maybe even dessert if you want to add a little dollop of whipped cream.
Freezing Mini Pumpkin Bread
Mini loaves freeze beautifully. Just make sure to cool the loaves completely on a wire rack, then wrap each loaf very well in plastic wrap. Slice the loaves into freezer friendly zipper top bags , press out any excess air and seal the bags. Label them with the name and the date, and freeze for up to 6 months. You can defrost them at room temperature in about 8 hours.
Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves with Chocolate Chips
If you like, you can sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of mini chocolate chips over the loaves before they go into the oven. You’ll need about 1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips in all.
What to Serve with Mini Pumpkin Breads:
- Cream Cheese (try blending your cream cheese with a touch of honey and cinnamon)
- Jam or Jelly
- Whipped honey
Other Canned Pumpkin Recipes:
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Gingerbread with Crystallized Ginger
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (just shy of two cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 8 mini loaf pans.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, butter, eggs, and pumpkin, and stir until well blended. In another medium bowl blend together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture in two batches, stirring just until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Divide the mixture evenly between the loaf pans. Sprinkle each with two teaspoons of the mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake the mini loaves for 28 to 33 minutes. Test any loaf for doneness by inserting a wooden skewer in the center and seeing if it comes out clean.
- Cool the loaves in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn the loaves out of the pans and finish cooling on the racks.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.