I know some of you grill year round. Some of you because you live in temperate climates, where winter just means putting on a light jacket to throw some burgers on, some you of because you are die-hard grilling machines, who would chisel the ice off of your charcoal briquettes to light a live fire outdoors.
I fall into neither of those camps, though I am enough of a grilling buff that as soon as the weather seems remotely cooperative – even for a short spate of time — I grab those tongs and send Gary out to fill up the propane tank (and yes, I know that for you hard-core grillers the fact that I’m not using charcoal or hardwood makes me a pretender at best, maybe even a heathen. But there’s a jolly ample expanse between culinary perfection and every day dinners, and I like to wander about freely in the open space).
Other than a nice soak in a lemony marinade, this chicken and pepper dish requires only a handful of ingredients, a seriously undemanding amount of skill, and a small commitment of time by the fire.
Colorful and gorgeous and flavorful, and very healthful to boot. A lovely way to connect with your grill.Tweet This
The result is colorful and gorgeous and flavorful and very healthful to boot. Use any assortment of colored peppers – I just found some very cool striated ones, called Enjoya, and I can’t wait to make this dish with those.
Other Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Simple Herbed Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Yakitori
- Grilled Lemony Chicken and Baby Artichokes
- Grilled Chicken Breasts with Lime, Roasted Garlic and Fresh Herb Marinade
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Grilled Provencal Chicken and Peppers
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup chopped black olives like kalamata
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or to taste
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme sprigs to taste
- Trim the chicken breasts and use a large sharp knife to cut them into three pieces, about two inches wide each. Cut each of the pieces in half horizontally, so that you have two thinner, small cutlets from each piece. Cut the bell peppers into 2-inch pieces, and discard the stem and any seeds.
- In a large container or zipper top bag, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, shallots, thyme, black olives, Sriracha and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and peppers to the marinade, making sure the marinade coats all of the ingredients. Cover and marinate for 6 to 12 hours, in the refrigerator.
- Bring the chicken and peppers to room temperature while you heat the grill to medium high. Grill the chicken and the peppers for 4 or 5 minutes on each side, until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and peppers hot or at room temperature, with the thyme sprigs tucked in.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved