This is a bit of a departure from some of the garlic breads gone by. I usually cut my garlic bread into slices, almost but not quite through the bottom of the loaf of bread. The both slices of each attached slice are spread with some combination of butter and something – always some garlic involved, but sometimes it is in the guise of salsa verde, or roasted with tomatoes or who knows what.
Super Cheesy Garlic Bread
But this garlic bread was going to be totally cheese forward, and as such, vertical slices were not going to be as cooperative as flat slabs of bread. This version call for a horizontal approach. I’m no architect, but I know how to listen to the garlic bread when it whispers to me.
First mix up a jaw-dropping paste comprised of softened butter, garlic (oh, just because the cut of the bread was changed, some things must remain the same), and then THREE cheeses. Mozzarella, cheddar, and Monterey Jack – you can play around with the types of cheeses and the proportions all you like. Parmesan would be a great addition of substitution. Some scallions for color and onioney-ness.
Then cut the baguette. If your baguette is super long, or super crusty, you might want to cut it across the middle before slicing it horizontally through the middle. It’s easier to handle that way.
Spread the cheesy garlic butter on the cut sides of the bread.
Place the baguette halves on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10 to 14 minutes until the bread is hot and the top is lightly browned and melty. Sprinkle with a bit of parsley and some red pepper flakes if desired.
Serve Cheesy Garlic Bread hot with anything that feels right.
Try these recipes:
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Marinated NY Strip Steak
- Game Day Ground Beef Chili
Other Garlic Bread Recipes:
- Salsa Verde Garlic Bread
- Chimichurri Garlic Bread
- Spinach Parsley Pesto Garlic Bread
- Best Garlic Bread Ever
- Roasted Garlic and Tomato Bread
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 1 tablespoon very finely minced garlic
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup chopped scallions white and green parts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 baguette
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, mozzarella, cheddar, Monterey Jack, scallions, and salt.
- Cut the baguette in half horizontally.
- Spread the cheesy garlic butter on the cut sides of the bread. Place the baguette halves on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes until the bread is hot and the top is lightly browned and melty. Sprinkle with the parsley. and some red pepper flakes if desired. Serve hot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.