Yes, I’m still talking about spiralizing, which isn’t exactly the discovery of the summer. Well maybe it was. Just not this summer.
I can be a little slow to embrace a new kitchen toy. But then I can be hard to shut up.
And so, I humbly offer up the simple recipe, a cold salad of spiralized zucchini with a punchy vinaigrette, knowing that there are very few of you who are going to look at this photo and said, “Wow! What in tarnation is going on here???”
But if there are a few of you non-spiralizers out there, isn’t this cool? (And if you’re thinking about buying one and not sure which one to buy, check out this article).
This is so about the zucchini noodles. Beyond that the only other thing to discuss is the vinaigrette you choose.
Of course you could use any vinaigrette you want, like Chervil Vinaigrette or Mixed Greens with Pomegranate Vinaigrette or Salmon with Tarragon Vinaigrette or Salmon, Arugula, and Avocado Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette or just a plain old Classic Vinaigrette. If you like your vinaigrette on the garlicky side, you can sub in garlic oil for the olive oil in the dressing.
And check out this recipe for Spiralized Cheesy Butternut Squash and Carrot Casserole with Chicken.
And then know that you can make these recipes with thinly sliced vegetables, if you haven’t bought a spiralizer, because it is a very fun toy, but it is, for the most part, a toy.
You could definitely throw in a handful of chopped fresh herbs. You could throw in halved cherry or grape tomatoes for color. You could mix up summer squash and zucchini for a cool color mix. Ladies and gentlemen, zoodles.
More Zucchini Recipes to Try:
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters
- Sautéed Corn and Zucchini in Lemony Browned Butter
- Crunchy Parmesan Zucchini Coins
- Classic Zucchini Bread or Muffins
Zoodle Salad with Scallion Vinaigrette
- Spiralize the zucchini and place it in a large bowl.
- In a small container or bowl combine the olive oil, sherry vinegar, white wine vinegar, scallions, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Stir or shake to blend well. Drizzle the dressing over the zucchini noodles and toss to coat well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to a day, for the vinaigrette to soak into and soften the zoodles slightly. Don’t you like a salad that you not only can but should dress ahead?
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.