Vegan Napa Cabbage Slaw
This cabbage slaw is a menu planning dream in that not only can it be made ahead, it is best made ahead. One day is perfect, but I have certainly happily eaten leftovers for a couple of days after that.
The day of soaking in the dressing allows the crunchy vegetables—napa cabbage, bell peppers, and carrots—to soften slightly, and absorb some of the lovely flavors. Sesame, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, honey combine in a dressing that is both nutty and vibrant at the same time.
The colors are terrific, but you can change things up, such as using a different color bell pepper, skipping the shallots in favor of half of a red onion, thinly sliced (or yellow, your choice), using multicolored carrots. If you don’t have Napa cabbage, use whatever cabbage you have.
And while this salad is vegan, you could add some shredded or diced cooked chicken to this salad to make it a more robust main course salad.
This goes with anything simple or anything Asian – it’s sort of a medley of Japanese, Korean, and Southeast Asian inspired.
This vegan Napa cabbage slaw recipe can be made ahead. Serve with any simple main dish or with any Asian dishes.Tweet This
Serve Asian Napa Cabbage Slaw with:
- Air Fryer Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Simple Asian Salmon
- Asian Beef Mushroom Burgers
- Chicken Larb
- Chicken Yakitori
Other Slaw Recipes:
- Kohlrabi, Green Cabbage, and Broccoli Rabe Slaw
- Carrot, Cabbage and Kohlrabi Slaw with Miso Dressing
- Creamy Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- Creamy Blue Cheese and Bacon Coleslaw
Vegan Asian Napa Cabbage Slaw
- In a large bowl combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and ginger. Add the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and shallots, and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 day, or if you haven’t planned ahead let it sit in the fridge or at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving so the vegetables soften slightly and absorb the dressing.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved