Two Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Naan Pizza
I have convinced myself that I am an expert in grilled pizza, and no one in my family is contesting that claim. The reason being that they would not get any more grilled pizza. But this is an expertise that I can only substantiate during the warmer months. Otherwise my pizza output — and therefore my bragging rights — dwindle markedly.
And yet. And yet. What’s this? A fluffy packaged naan bread? Oh, and look! I have an oven. One plus one equals pizza. Okay, with a handful of other ingredients, but seriously, what a joy, what fun, to make a semi-homemade pizza any night of the week with whatever you have lying around.
Two Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Naan PizzaPrint
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 naan (1 8-to-10 ounce package; see Note)
- 6 ounces firm aged goat cheese, peeled into flat strips with a vegetable peeler
- Slivered fresh basil to garnish, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or lightly oil it.
2. In a food processor, place the sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Puree until fairly smooth.
3. Spread two tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato pesto on each naan and evenly sprinkle over the strips of aged goat cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until the edges are browned and the cheese is melty.