Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Ok, this is happening. You are either going to read this recipe and think, “why does this person think I need this recipe?” Or you are going to read this and think, “Oh yes, that is exactly what I need to do with my sweet potatoes this fall! It’s so simple and perfect, and I am going to make them every week all fall and winter long. And I will offer to bring them for Thanksgiving, because I will look like a hero, and then Aunt Ida will finally stop shooting me those looks, and maybe even stop asking me if I’ve found a boyfriend.”
This might be a lot to expect from a three ingredient sweet potato dish. Two ingredients if you don’t count the salt. One if you don’t count the butter.
But it will deliver. Because sweet potatoes+butter+salt+heat are a winning combination.
How to Make Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes
All you have to do is preheat the oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment, and/or spray with nonstick spray
Place the cubed sweet potatoes on the baking sheet (you can also slice baby sweet potatoes crosswise into 1-inch slices), drizzle over some melted butter, then sprinkle over the salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes so that they are nicely coated with the butter, spread them out in a single layer, and roast for about 35 to 40 minutes, turning them midway through the cooking if you remember and your world allows for this to happen.
That’s it! The sweetness of the butter amplifies the sweetness of the potatoes, the solids in the butter caramelize to become brown butter as the potatoes roast, and you have won sweet potatoes for the day.
Simple Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes: A perfect three ingredient recipe (including the salt!). Because sweet potatoes+butter+salt+heat are a winning combination.Tweet This
Could you add a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of brown sugar to the potatoes with the melted butter, or even towards the end? You could. But the natural sweetness of the buttery potatoes really gets a chance to shine without additional sweeteners.
My mother can eat this whole recipe. But honestly, there are worse things to eat a whole batch of.
What to Serve with Simple Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- Vegetable Studded Turkey Meatloaf
- Easy Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey
- Simple Lemon-Garlic Roasted Turkey Breast
- Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Tapenade
Other Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
- Sweet Potato Fries with New Bay Seasoning
- Bulgur Wheat, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Gratin
- Mashed Yukon and Sweet Potatoes with Sautéed Leeks
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Spoonbread
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Simple Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes , scrubbed or peeled, cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup (half a stick) unsalted butter , melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment if you like, and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet, drizzle over the butter, then sprinkle over the salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes so that they are nicely coated with the butter, spread them out in a single layer, and then place in the oven and roast for about 35 to 40 minutes, turning them midway through the cooking if you remember and your world allows for this to happen.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved