This Spicy Sesame Asian Marinade packs a lot of flavor, thanks to the chili paste and the sesame oil. Not to mention the garlic.
Kids seems to gravitate towards classic Asian flavors, so dunking almost anything in this marinade gets you to a dinner that everyone will be cheery about. A tablespoon or so of minced fresh peeled ginger wouldn’t hurt either. It’s great on beef, chicken or pork kebabs, and also wonderful with tofu.
Asian Marinade for Tofu
A word about cooking tofu: tofu is sold packed in water, so it’s hard to get it really browned. Pressing it helps. Place the block of tofu on a large flat plate, place a paper towel on top, then place a second plate on the paper towel. Place a heavy book or some cans of beans on the top of the plate, and let it drain for about 45 minutes. Pour off the liquid, and cut the tofu into slices or cubes.
Asian Marinade for Beef
Marinate the meat for kebabs in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours, and after pressing the tofu (see Note), marinate tofu for 1 to 2 hours. For more info about how long to marinate various foods, check out How Long Do I Marinate That?
Grill, broil or saute whatever you are cooking, and if you’re going for a full on Asian meal, serve up some Pad Thai on the side.
This Spicy Sesame Asian Marinade packs a lot of flavor, thanks to the chili paste and the sesame oil. Great on meat kebabs or tofu.Tweet This
More Marinade Recipes:
- Indian Curry Yogurt Marinade
- Jamaican Jerk-Style Marinade
- Ginger, Mint, and Lime Marinade
- Dijon, Garlic and Lemon Marinade
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Spicy Sesame Asian Marinade
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine mirin, sake or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon spicy chili paste or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Put the vegetable oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, rice wine, and chili paste in a bowl of a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine well.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved