This vegetable medley was originally paired up with sauteed shrimp for a one dish meal, but I liked the combo so much that I started making it as a side dish without the shrimp. It’s downright beautiful with the bright yellow and green, and perks up a plate like nobody’s business.
What is Broccolini?
Broccolini is related to broccoli though milder in flavor. Its stalks are longer and slimmer and the heads are much smaller. It’s a cross between regular old fat topped broccoli, and a type of Chinese broccoli called gai lan or jai lan.
Feel free to use chopped regular broccoli in place of the broccolini if that’s what easier to get ahold of. Broccoli rabe, which has a pleasing bitterness, would also be a great choice.
How to Make Sauteed Broccolini and Corn
Add olive oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
Add the broccolini or broccoli and sauté for 7 minutes until the broccolini starts to soften. Add the corn and sauté for another two minutes.
Add half the zest and stir to blend. Turn the vegetable mixture into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest. Serve hot.
Sauteed Broccolini and Corn: This quick (15-minutes!) and easy side dish is a colorful companion to all kinds of entrees.Tweet This
What to Serve with Sauteed Broccolini and Corn:
- Killer Roasted Marinated Chicken and Potatoes
- Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs
- 30-Minute Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Dedie’s Herbed Salmon
Other Broccoli Family Recipes:
- How to Saute Broccolini
- Garlicky Pork Chops and Broccoli
- How to Cook Broccoli Rabe
- One Pot Pasta with Feta and Broccolini
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Sauteed Broccolini and Corn
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the broccolini or broccoli and sauté for 7 minutes until the broccolini starts to soften. Add the jalapenos and corn and sauté for another two minutes. Add half the zest and stir to blend.
- Turn the vegetable mixture into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest. Serve hot.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved