This lettuce salad with pears and goat cheese is such a good combination of textures and flavors. Fresh crunch from the lettuce and onions, sweetness and tenderness from the pears, brininess and toothsomeness from the olives, and tangy creaminess from the cheese.
There is a lot going on in the bowl, but it’s very straightforward to put together. If you are not an olive person, skip them. And if you prefer a different type of olive use that instead.
There are only a few things to keep in mind for this to be one of the most delicious and prettiest (but simple) salads you will have this fall. One, slice the onions very, very thinly – it makes such a difference. Two, keep some of the add-ins (onions, olives, pears) to the side when you toss the salad, and sprinkle them over the top, which add a great bit of color at the end.
Serve this Romaine, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with any fall meal. You can also add a handful of dried cranberries for color and a burst of sweet tartness.Tweet This
A Simple Fall Salad Recipe
Serve this with any fall meal, and think about it if you need a salad to round out Thanksgiving dinner, or another holiday extravaganza. You could also add a handful of dried cranberries for both color and a burst of sweet tartness.
Other Great Fall and Holiday Table Salad Recipes:
- Romaine and Slivered Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Endive Salad with Pear and Creamy Herb Dressing
- Endive, Arugula and Orange Salad
- Fennel and Endive Salad
- Brussels Sprouts, Apple, and Pomegranate Slaw Salad
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Anchovy Vinaigrette
- Wild Rice and Broccolini Salad
- Green Bean Salad with Clementine Oranges and Feta
- Red Salad with Citrus, Honey and Thyme Vinaigrette
- Endive, Radicchio and Citrus Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Romaine, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
For the Dressing
For the Salad
- 6 cups slivered romaine lettuce
- ½ red onion very thinly sliced
- ½ cup halved pitted green olives
- ⅓ cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1 ripe but firm pear cut into small pieces
- In a small bowl or container combine the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce and half of the onion, olives, feta, and pear. Gently toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle over the rest of the onions, olives, feta and pears. Finish with a bit of salt and and pepper and serve immediately.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved