I make roasted vegetables all year long, especially when it’s cold out. And while I never really get tired of them, per se, I do feel the need to keep doing things a little bit differently, so that I won’t get tired of them.
And truly, it doesn’t take more than a few extra ingredients, in this case 4 to move the needle on the flavor. These happen to be 4 ingredients I can’t imagine not having on hand – butter, Sriracha (or other hot sauce), lemons (limes or oranges would also be good), and honey.
I’ve used this glaze now on roasted brussels sprouts, all by their lonesome, and also on roasted chunks of radicchio. I plan to use it on all sorts of roasted vegetables, on their own and in different combos.
I also have a feeling it would be excellent brushed onto a roasted pork loin just as it comes out of the oven. I’m also wondering if some simply cooked orzo and rice would be nice tossed with a few tablespoons of the mixture. I’m thinking yes.
Other Roasted Vegetables I Could Eat with a Ladle:
Roasted Winter Vegetables Sriracha Honey Glaze
For the Roasted Vegetables
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato about 1/2 pound, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pound baby potatoes scrubbed and halved
- 2 cups 1-inch cubes butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Sriracha Honey Glaze
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place all of the vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle over the olive oil, sprinkle over the thyme and use your hands to toss so that the vegetables get evenly coated (you can use a spoon, but hands are faster and more effective). Spread the vegetables out on the baking sheet so they are in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned in spots and tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place the honey, butter, and Sriracha sauce in a small container and microwave for about 20 seconds until hot (you can also do this in a small sauce pan). Stir in the lemon juice. Pour the glaze over the vegetables and use a spoon to toss until they are well coated. Transfer to a serving bowl of platter and serve hot.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved