Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Over the years I have developed quite a wonky pantry, filled with random ingredients and condiments from all over the world.
Some of them I work my way through regularly (hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, capers, smoked paprika). Some are given to me, or purchased for use in one or two recipes, and then gradually and unintentionally exiled to the back of a shelf. And then when I do a clean out every once in a (cough) they reappear, and if bottle could look reproachful, I imagine these do. And sometimes, shame on me, they’ve expired. And I have to do the toss of shame. I am clearly way over-anthropomorphizing this whole situation.
But this will not be the case for this bottle of pomegranate molasses, which I bought to make this fantastic cocktail. This would be a hell of a salad to round out a holiday meal, but simple enough to make any day of the week. If you don’t like citrus in your salad, you could try pears, or just skip the fruit.
And I had every intention of topping the whole shebang with some pomegranate ariels, purchased several days before, but because I let them linger too long, they….well, they passed on, to a better place, I hope. But you’ll be more percipient about this salad than I was ($5 word – I looked it up).
Other Leafy Green Salad Recipes:
- Arugula, Orange and Pomegranate Salad
- Spicy Greens Salad with Gochujang Dressing
- Fully Loaded Spinach Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- Korean Tofu Salad
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Mixed Greens with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl or container mix together the olive oil, vinegar, pomegranate molasses, shallots, and salt and pepper.
- Peel the orange and use a small, sharp knife to remove any outer pith (the white stuff) left on the orange. Use the knife to slide it in between the membranes so that you are removing perfect little wedges of just the flesh of the orange.
- Place the lettuce in a serving bowl, and drizzle over the dressing. Toss to combine, then add the orange wedges and toss gently once more. Serve.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved