This post is sponsored by Jus-Rol, but all opinions are my own!
Whenever we order pizza, we order salads – and the salad that we can never resist on the menu is a Greek salad. The combo is perfect (double cheese — feta and mozzarella — what could be bad about that?). So when my boys suggested that I make a Greek Salad pizza, I thought — well, truly why not?
Salad on Pizza
The first time I ever had salad on a pizza was when I joined my friend Pam for a neighborhood tag sale in Brooklyn, and pizza was ordered for the vendors. One of the pizzas was just called Salad Pizza, and it rocked my world. Yes, I know that I can put my own salad on a pizza (and I have, often). But knowing that the pizzeria sanctioned this decision, and not only approved but endorsed it, somehow that changed everything.
Greek Salad Pizza: A pile of crunchy salad with feta on a pizza with a shortcut pre-made crust – weeknight perfection.Tweet This
Refrigerated Pizza Crust
I pulled mine together with one of my favorite convenience ingredients of all time, Jus-Rol Round & Thin Pizza Crust. You simply unroll the (vegetarian, non-GMO) pizza rough right onto its very own parchment paper, which keeps the baking sheet clean. Then top it with some classic tomato sauce and then a little combo of melting cheeses, and you have a pizza dinner any night of the week.
I always have a roll or two of Jus-Rol pizza dough in the fridge. It’s made pizza nights in our home a lot more common. Here where to find Jus-Rol products near you! You’ll find it in the refrigerated case near the dairy products.
Greek Salad Pizza
This is truly a one-dish dinner, with the starch, protein, and vegetables all together in the pizza of our dreams. I timed the testing of it with my college kid’s visit home, and you would have thought I had bought him a pony. Did it live up to his hopes and dreams? Let’s say that four slices later it feels safe to say it did.
It’s best hot or warm with the cool salad piled right on top, but you know I had a big honking piece for breakfast the day after I made it, straight from the fridge. There is no pizza shaming in our house, no wrong place or time or temperature to eat pizza.
And once you start your own love affair with Jus-Rol Pizza Doughs, you will want to have one in your fridge at all times so you can make this and these other easy pizza and flatbread recipes:
- Pizza Quattro Stagioni
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Blue Cheese, Radicchio, Onion and Honey Flatbread Strips
- Mexican Pizza with Avocado Crema
- Clam Pizza
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Greek Salad Pizza
For the Greek Salad:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Big pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups sliced romaine lettuce hearts
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced baby cucumbers (or seedless cucumbers, halved and sliced)
- ½ cup diced feta cheese
- ½ cup halved kalamata olives
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano leaves (optional)
For the Pizza:
- 1 cup pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 1 package Jus-Rol Round & Thin Pizza Crust
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated fontina , Monterey Jack, havarti, or other mild melting cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll the pizza dough right on its parchment paper onto a rimmed baking sheet. Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella and fontina evenly over the sauce. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon oregano over the cheese.
- Bake until the edges of the crust golden brown and when a spatula is slid under the tart it lifts up firmly, about 22 to 26 minutes. Let sit for a couple of minutes before serving with the salad.
- While the pizza is baking, make the Greek Salad: In a container combine the olive oil, vinegar, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, mustard, salt, garlic, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using). Shake well to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, feta, olives, and fresh oregano if using. Shake the dressing once more to combine and pour over about half of the dressing, reserving the rest. Toss the salad.
- Distribute the salad over the hot or warm pizza, or serve it on the side and let everyone pile their own slice of pizza with the salad. Serve the pizza hot or warm, cut into slices. Pass extra dressing on the side for anyone who wants to drizzle a bit more on top.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.