The definition of Frappe (or Frappé, to be accurate) is a bit contentious, especially in terms of how it differs from a milk shake.
Wikipedia says Frappé or Frappe may refer to:
Food and drink
- Frappé coffee, an iced coffee beverage made from instant coffee originally from Greece
- A milkshake in New England
- A drink similar to the trade-marked Frappuccino
- A frozen fruit-flavored dessert made with shaved ice, similar to sherbet
- An Italian name for angel wings, a sweet, crisp pastry made with deep-fried dough
And some people think that it always contains ice cream, and is really what we mean when we say milkshake, and that a real milkshake actually doesn’t contain ice cream, but rather milk and some flavoring, sometimes with ice, shaken or blended until the milk is frothy.
I don’t like contention with my frothy milk beverages.
This Caramel Chocolate Frappe was a joint venture between my son Charlie and myself. It has only three ingredients. One of them is Milk Chocolate Morsels with Caramel Filling. So I let Toll House do the heavy lifting there. I did not get paid to say that, by the way; these morsels are my Holiday 2014 addiction. They have other versions that I plan to try in this shake. If you wanted to make a grown up version of this I’m sure a shot of Bailey’s or something of that nature would not be unwelcome.
Other Drink Recipes to Try:
- Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
- Cookies and Cream Chocolate Oreo Milkshake
- Pomegranate Orange Mocktail with Mint
- How to Turn Leftover Egg Nog Into Milkshakes
Like this recipe? Pin it to your favorite board on Pinterest.Pin This
Caramel Chocolate Frappe
- 1 ½ cups ice
- 2 ½ cups 2% milk
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House Delightfulls Milk Chocolate Morsels with Caramel Filling
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Glass, straw, drink.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved