Pepper, Onion, Mushroom and Feta Frittata
If you've got a half dozen eggs and some random ingredients, you've got a frittata.Print
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces sliced shiitake or other mushrooms
- ½ cup minced red, yellow or orange bell pepper, or a combination
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
1. Preheat the broiler. Heat an 8 to 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and the butter. Add the onions, and sauté for about 3 minutes until they have started to become tender, then add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, until fairly tender. Add the peppers and sauté for 2 more minutes until they start to become tender. Stir in the thyme.
2. Beat the eggs, add them to the pan, stirring frequently for two minutes. Lower the heat to medium low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the eggs are set on the bottom. Transfer to the broiler. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes until the top is set and the frittata is lightly puffed.
3. Serve hot or at room temperature.