Pasta Salad with Salmon and Creamy Cilantro Dressing
This dish turns lunch into a luncheon.Print
A way to repurpose leftovers in a wham, bam, thank you ma’am way. Take the poached fish and sauce from dinner, flake the fish, make pasta, toss it all together. Lunch, done and done. That’s what I did, using smaller amounts of all of the components from the original meal. But if you want to make this Pasta Salad with Salmon and Creamy Cilantro Dressing for a group, start from scratch and use these proportions.
Can’t get enough of pasta salads? Here are five more recipes to try:
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Simplest Tomato, Corn, Basil and Mozzarella Pasta Salad
Garlicky Garden Pasta Salad
Whole Grain Penne with Zucchini, Tomato and Feta
Pasta with Edamame, Mint and Basil Pesto
- 1 pound cavetelli or elbow macaroni pasta
For the Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or another ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- 4 cups bite-sized cooked salmon pieces (see Note)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt the water generously. Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, and rinse with cool water.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cilantro sauce, and salmon pieces, and toss gently to combine well. Garnish with additional cilantro leaves, if desired, and serve.
You can use any kind of cooked salmon, grilled, baked, broiled, or