I am imagining you have arrived on this page because you saw the photos and went “OH!” And that is an appropriate response to such a dazzling dish.
But lest this sound boastful, nuh uh. Not only did I not invent multi-colored carrots, I didn’t even grow these. I did roast them, but that is not really a brag worthy event. And I did make the spinach parsley pesto that got dolloped over them, but even that isn’t all that much to boast about. I mean, it’s not like I don’t have a food processor.
Here’s the scoop on how to get this gorgeousness in your kitchen. Procure some carrots. And try to make sure you get more than one color, though if you don’t, eh, you’re still going to have something beautiful and delicious. Cut them in half lengthwise.
Place them on a baking sheet.
Drizzle with some olive oil, and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and spread them out in a single layer. Roast them in a hot oven until they are a bit browned and tender and smell like the platonic ideal of carrots.
You can just serve them as is.
Or if you want to go one step further. Add something dollopy or drizzly to go with them. In this case I added spoonfuls of Spinach Parsley Pesto, and it was so colorful and delicious that I may have this be my cold weather side dish of the season.
Carrots get roasted up with some olive oil and salt for a spectacular side - or add some Spinach-Parsley pesto for even more flavor and drama.Tweet This
You could also try dolloping and drizzling items from these recipes:
- Cauliflower with Sesame Drizzle
- Roasted Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts and Leeks with Spicy Drizzle
- Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots with Olive Drizzle
- Green Goddess Dressing and Dip
- Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri Sauce
- Kale Pesto Recipe
Roasted Carrots with Spinach Parsley Pesto
- 1 pound carrots preferably multi-colored, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup Spinach Parsley Pesto
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Slice the carrots in half lengthwise. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle over the olive oil, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and toss the carrots so they are well coated with the oil. Spread them out in a single layer. Roast for about 20 minutes until they are tender but not soft, and browned along the edges.
- Either serve as is, or drizzle over the Spinach Parsley Pesto or another sauce of your choice (see recipe intro for suggestions) and serve hot, warm, or room temperature.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved