Honey and mustard are perfect partners. Sweet and spicy, the honey tempers the sharpness of the mustard, and the mustard brightens the sugariness of the honey.There’s a reason this is many restaurants go-to dipping sauce for things like chicken fingers and any fried bar-type food.
Hariciot Vert vs. Green Beans
I used skinny haricot vert in this dish, but you can use regular green beans. Your basic string beans – or green beans – are thicker and will take an extra minute or two to cook.
Honey Mustard Green Bean Salad
This is a warm side, but you can also turn this into a cool green bean salad. Have a bowl of ice water at the ready when you start to cook your green beans. When they are done to your liking, drain them, and then instantly plunge them into the ice water bath to stop the cooking. This dip in the cold water will also lock in a beautiful bright green color of the string beans.
Drain them again and then toss with the dressing. Now it’s a cold side dish, ready for buffets or picnics, or to be packed up as part of a healthy brown bag lunch.
A simple (5-Minute!) honey mustard dressing transforms green beans into a flavorful side dish.Tweet This
Green bean fan? Me, too (and Charlie big time). More coming at you:
Other Green Bean Recipes:
- Green Bean Salad with Clementine Oranges and Feta
- Green Beans Two Ways
- Sautéed Haricot Verts with Red Onions and Shallots
- Green Beans with Chervil Vinaigrette
- Sautéed Green Beans and Oyster Mushrooms
- Blistered Green Beans with Miso Butter
Honey Mustard Green Beans
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just barely tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well (they will continue to soften a bit as they cool, so drain them just before they are done to your liking).
- While the beans are cooking, in a large serving bowl, whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Toss the green beans in dressing, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, and serve warm or at room temperature.
The nutrition values are provided as an estimate. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a qualified healthcare professional.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved