Not only is this fast and easy, but it’s also (shhhh….) really inexpensive. But Cannellini Bean Dip with Lemon and Parmesan tastes fresh and lush at the same time, and there’s something very special about a homemade dip or spread, versus the store-bought stuff. (And if you’re in splurge mode, do not miss Hot Crab and Corn Dip.) A food processor or blender makes this come together ridiculously quickly. It can be made a couple of days ahead of time and refrigerated, but it best served at room temperature. Serve with pita or tortilla chips or raw vegetables.
Cannellini Bean Dip with Lemon and Parmesan
- 1 14.5- or 15-ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Strained juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch cayenne pepper or a couple of dashes of hot sauce
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley or paprika to garnish (optional)
- Place the beans, shallots, olive oil, and lemon juice and zest in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine well. Add the Parmesan, cayenne or hot sauce, and salt and pepper and puree until smooth. If the dip is thick, you may add another tablespoon or two of olive oil or water.
- If you like, top the dip with a sprinkle of parsley or paprika.
Made this recipe? Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved