Times someone blessed my heart:
Great moment while teaching cooking class at Central Market in Plano:
- 12 year old boy, after tasting Miso Cod Fingers, said that this fish had “changed his life.”
Dining experiences I shan’t soon forget:
- Insane-tasting dinner that Stephan Pyles‘ restaurant prepared at his eponymous restaurant. Let’s just say any meal that starts with 8 kinds of ceviche is going to knock your socks off.
- Great salads and sandwiches at Uncle Uber’s Sammich Shop, which is in a funky neighborhood called Deep Ellum, which is being revitalized.
What I brought home:
- Sweet potatoes, fresh black eyed peas, (more) peanuts in the shell, and honey from the Dallas Farmer’s Market.
And a little bit of culture:
- Ernesto Neto exhibit at the Nasher Gallery, where you get to walk through the exhibit (literally)
So happy to have been able to spend lots of time with:
- The inimitable Dedie Leahy — friend, Dallas connector, advisor, tonic.