Hot, Creamy Spinach and Goat Cheese Dip
I made this dip 7 times in 3 months - that's how good it is. It's also great to bring to someone's house when you want to be loved.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 12 People
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 ounces fresh spinach trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup milk
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese regular or low fat, cut into cubes
- ⅔ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sriracha or other hot sauce to taste
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Crackers slices of baguette, or vegetables for serving
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, until golden. Add the spinach by handfuls as it shrinks down until it is all added and very wilted, about 5 minutes in all. If there looks to be significant excess liquid in the pan, transfer it to a strainer or colander and gently press it to extract any extra liquid.
Return the skillet to the heat and add the milk, cream cheese, goat cheese and about half the Parmesan and whisk occasionally over medium heat until the cheese is melted and everything is smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the Worcestershire, hot sauce and salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
Transfer it to a three or four cup baking dish and bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2648IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1mg