Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
Instead of buying this at Le Something Or Other, it's a very easy wrap to make at home!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time32 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon very finely minced garlic
- 1 finely minced anchovy filet or ¼ teaspoon anchovy paste optional
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 2 hearts of romaine chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ red onion thinly slivered
- 6 9 to 10-inch whole wheat or spinach wraps
In a shallow container, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. If you have the time, marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2 to 6 hours before grilling – no worries if not.
Make the Caesar dressing: In a container with a lid, add the olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, anchovy (if using), salt and pepper. Cover tightly and shake to combine well. Add half the Parmesan and shake again to combine.
Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through, with nice grill marks on each side. Let the chicken cool slightly, then cut into small bite-sized pieces.
In a large bowl combine the chicken, romaine, and red onion with the dressing. Add the remaining Parmesan and toss again. Fill each wrap with about 1½ cups of the salad (see above!), tuck in the ends, and roll closed.
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 757mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3475IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 265mg | Iron: 5mg