Vegetable Udon Noodle Soup
This slurper incorporates some of my very favorite Japanese flavors, and my kids’ favorite noodle, udon.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 8 People
- 10 cups less sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup sliced scallions white and green parts
- 1 8-ounce package firm tofu cubed (optional)
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 6 ounces dried udon noodles
- 2 packages enoki mushrooms trimmed and halved (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
Heat the vegetable broth in a large pot over high heat. When the broth comes to a simmer, lower the heat to medium and add the carrots, ginger and scallions.
Add the tofu, if using, and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir in the miso paste, peas, mushrooms, and ponzu sauce and cook for another minute, until the peas are hot.
Meanwhile cook the noodles according to package directions, drain, and rinse with cold water. Add them to the soup and heat until just barely simmering. Divide the soup into 4 bowls and serve hot.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1977mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3562IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg