Pasta Salad with Chicken and Chipotle Dressing
Leftovers join forces to become this better-than-I-expected salad.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 People
For the Chipotle Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons pureed chipotles in adobo sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Pasta Salad
- 4 cups small cooked pasta
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper diced
- Handful fresh cilantro leaves
In a small container, combine the olive oil, vinegar, onion, honey, chipotle and salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
In a serving bowl combine the pasta, chicken, beans and pepper and toss to combine. Add the dressing and toss again, then add the cilantro and give a final toss to distribute the herbs.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 733IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 4mg