Cannellini Bean Dip with Lemon and Parmesan
This is a very simple 10-minute bean dip that comes together with pantry ingredients - a nice change of pace from hummus.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Servings: 8 Servings
- 1 14.5- or 15-ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Strained juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch cayenne pepper or a couple of dashes of hot sauce
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley or paprika to garnish (optional)
Place the beans, shallots, olive oil, and lemon juice and zest in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine well. Add the Parmesan, cayenne or hot sauce, and salt and pepper and puree until smooth. If the dip is thick, you may add another tablespoon or two of olive oil or water.
If you like, top the dip with a sprinkle of parsley or paprika.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 36IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg