Sesame Oil Hummus Without Tahini
Hummus without tahini!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 People
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans 19-ounce chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 to 5 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling if desired
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup water approximately
Place the garlic and chickpeas in the food processor and pulse a few times. Add 3 teaspoons of the sesame oil, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt and pepper. Puree and with the motor running add about 1/3 cup of the water. Allow the mixture to process for about two minutes (see Cooking Tip), adding more water if you’d like a thinner consistency. Taste and add additional sesame oil if desired.
Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with a bit of olive oil if you like, and sprinkle with the paprika or cayenne.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg