Pasta with Edamame, Mint and Basil Pesto
A very quick (25-Minute!) vegetarian pasta with a nice dose of protein.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 People
- 1 pound spaghetti or other long thin pasta
- 2 cups shelled edamame cooked according to package directions plus several minutes extra, until quite tender
- ⅓ cup Mint Basil Pesto or use a store bought pesto of your choice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly grated parmesan and red pepper flakes to serve
Cook the pasta according to package directions, and drain, but reserve about one cup of the pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, place the edamame and pesto in a food processor or blender and blend until pureed. Scrape down the sides, add ½ cup of the water and the olive oil, and blend til smoothish and somewhat fluffy. Toss the edamame pesto with the hot cooked pasta, and add up to another ½ cup of the pasta cooking water to loosen the pesto so that it coats the sauce nicely.
Serve hot, passing the Parmesan at the table.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 394mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg