Romaine, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
This is a perfect autumn salad, and comes together in 10 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 People
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar use rice or white wine vinegar if you prefer
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 6 cups slivered romaine lettuce
- ½ red onion very thinly sliced
- ½ cup halved pitted green olives
- ⅓ cup crumbled fresh feta cheese
- 1 ripe but firm pear cut into small pieces
In a small bowl or container combine the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and salt and pepper.
In a large bowl combine the lettuce and half of the onion, olives, feta, and pear. Gently toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle over the rest of the onions, olives, feta and pears. Finish with a bit of salt and and pepper and serve immediately.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6260IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1mg