Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
A slow cooker turns juicy chicken thighs and pureed chipotles in adobo sauce into a very satisfying chili.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 8 People
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons pureed chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 15.5-ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions trimmed and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
In a large slow cooker, combine the onions, carrots, garlic, pureed chipotles in adobo, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Add the beans and stir to combine, then stir in the chicken.
Cook in the slow cooker on high for 4 hours. Stir in the chopped scallions and the lime juice right before serving. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream on the side and let everyone top their own bowls as they wish.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 1264mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3512IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 4mg