Chocolate Espresso Buttercream
For when you can't decide between chocolate and coffee for your frosting. (Meaning for every day.)
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 12 Servings
- ¼ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 6 to 7 tablespoons cream half and half, or milk (preferably whole)
Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a double boiler. Cool.
In a medium bowl, cream the butter. Blend in half of the sugar, then the cooled melted chocolate, vanilla, salt and the espresso powder. Alternate the remaining two cups confectioners sugar with the cream, until it reaches the desired sweetness and consistency.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg